Big Trouble In Nano China....

My wife just got a new Mobile Phone, this needed a Micro sim card - but her existing sim card was a Mini...  So instead of ringing the Phone company and requesting a new sim card & waiting for it to arrive, for so long, then transferring all the contacts to the new sim and all the hassle.

So, and as per usual, I chosen the wrong path, and decided to get a sim card cutter, and that way it will be less hassle and I can use it again & again in the future...




So I duly go to ebay and buy the all new sim card cutter, which came with "A" the Nano cutter, "B" Convertors to convert 1 sim to another, and "C" A Pin that I haven't a clue what it does...

So, without backing up the contacts, the first thing I did was to insert my Wife's Mini sim into "A" and Press with all my might in order to cut the sim card.

This did cut the sim card but in a distorted way,  more like peeled the chip off the plastic backing..   I thought OK, it's still good...

So I tried to fit the sim card into "B", and then insert into the phone, problem is the distorted plastic backing got stuck, so I took the sim card out, and while doing this, part "B" got suck into the phone sim card's slot - I peeled the plastic from what's left of the sim card & this distorted the chopped sim card even further.

I flattened what's left of the sim card & inserted that into the now stuck part "B", and switched the phone on  - the sim did not work, and now we have the new chopped-up Nano sim card stuck as well as the "B" converter... 

After a trying for an hour, I managed to get the sim card out, but the "B" converter was truly stuck..   Now, what can I do to get this out...

Suddenly, it struck me, that the mysterious "C" pin was there to help during such eventualities, where one gets everything jammed...

So I push this into the phone's sim card slot and try to free part "B" - and as per usual, I ended up with both parts "B" & "C" jammed and unable to move without damaging the phone... 

And now, I had to use my special screw driver to dismantle the phone, and fail in dislodging anything...

Next step was to take the phone to the nearest mobile phone shop in order to remove parts "B" & "C", and requesting a new sim card from the phone operator..

No comments:

Post a Comment