ELO - Ticket To The Moon



I used the lyrics to pass my English University Entrance Exam - Back in 1984ish, and nobody was any wiser...

"Ticket To The Moon"

Remember the good old 1980s?

When things were so uncomplicated?

I wish I could go back there again

And everything could be the same.

I've got a ticket to the moon

I'll be leaving here any day soon

Yeah, I've got a ticket to the moon

But I'd rather see the sunrise in your eyes.

Got a ticket to the moon

I'll be rising high above the earth so soon

And the tears I cry might turn into the rain

That gently falls upon your window

You'll never know.

[CHORUS:]

Ticket to the moon (ticket to the moon)

Ticket to the moon (ticket to the moon)

Ticket to the moon (ticket to the moon).

Fly, fly through a troubled sky

Up to a new world shining bright, oh, oh.

Flying high above

Soaring madly through the mysteries that come

Wondering sadly if the ways that led me here

Could turn around and I would see you there

Standing there (and I would see you there, waiting...)

Ticket to the moon

Flight leaves here today from Satellite Two

As the minutes go by, what should I do?

I paid the fare, what more can I say?

It's just one way (only one way)...

No comments:

Post a Comment