I hate Manchester, Bolton, St. Helens, Liverpool, Swinton, Stockport, Sale, Bristol, London...

Everywhere I go and regardless of how hard I try, I seem to keep getting more and more pesky parking fines...

I try and park in Sale, at a free car-park, and get back with a fine stuck on the windscreen, because I did not get a ticket from the machine - why, when it's FREE.

I park in a residential street in Liverpool, where people can park until 5PM, so I leave the shop and get back to the car at 3 minutes past 5, and lo and behold, I have a ticket stuck on the windscreen..  

Same in Bolton, I go to court for a hearing, the judge is delayed and I end up with another fine...

In St. Helens. I bought a parking ticket and I put it on the dashboard, near the windscreen, and somehow this managed to wiggle its way in-between the windscreen and the dashboard, with no means of getting it back or recovering it, and I still managed to get a parking ticket...

I go to London & come back with a ticket, I go to Bristol & I come back with a ticket...

I always pay, but after getting 2 tickets on the same day, I thought enough-is-enough, and I refused to pay my last 2 parking tickets - I will be going to court soon and I couldn't give a shit any-more...

City Centre Manchester, 7:53PM - Dark night, with the only sign to telling people that it was a controlled parking zone is a 2" x 6" effort, hidden in the darkest corner of the street. And when you go to the unlit parking meter, they have times printed on another 2" x 6" sticker which even Superman, with his x-ray vision, would find it hard to read...

The second was in Stockport - they said that I parked for longer than allowed, I didn't, but the wheel was touching the adjacent parking line, so in their infinite wisdom, they decided to give me another ticket...

I'm not gonna pay either fine, or anything else, and I'm just gonna make as much noise as possible and pursue it to the bitter end, and if they want the offending car, then the good news is it was scrapped 2 months ago;) - if they want to send me to prison, then there will be one less tax payer to contend with...



Those are the little things that sap life-force and joy out of me, and make life in the UK increasingly unbearable.

1 comment:

  1. Today, I had to pay £392.00 to one bailiff - And £157.00 to another - what a crock of shit...

    ReplyDelete