Doctor, Doctor, Give me the news - I've got a bad case of .....

I've just built a computer for a customer & everything seem to go smoothly, the usual build with no drama, everything seems to be functioning...

I tested the rig using a live Linux CD and everything seems to be OK, however, and during installing the Windows OS, I kept on getting very strange errors with regards to missing file, corrupt files, unable to format the HD and unable to copy files to the HD...

I thought that the problem was a HD problem, so I ordered another HD and installed that, with the same problem happening.

It might be the DVD drive, so I replace that - And the problem persists..

I will try an external DVD drive, same problem...


Lets try and set-up Windows from a Flash Drive - and same problem occurred.

What can it be?... I've already wasted 2 days changing everything I can think of, apart from the Memory Stick.

And well and behold, replacing the memory stick resolved all those problems, so very weird....

Thank you Microsoft for descriptive error messages that bare no resemblance to the actual error...

No comments:

Post a Comment