22nd November 2012 - Unlucky For Some...

Today was one of those weird days..


First thing in the morning I managed to un-install MySQL off a Client's PC, over TeamViewer, without first making a backup of anything.


And you know when you do something, and then, just a split second later you regret it... Well that was one of those decisions...

The problem is that I needed to reinstall MySQL and I needed the existing data, (the data that I did not backup)...

I really don't know how, why or where, but the gods of data were watching over me & MySQL actually found the table on it's on (a 1 in a million chance), and I did not lose any data...  And when I mentioned that to others, they thought that it was my lucky day, and that I should buy a Lottery Ticket. But sadly, all good things have to come to an end, and to restore "Cosmic Balance" and stuff, the following things happened later on that same day. 

  • Had a car accident (hit by an uninsured driver)
  • Dropped My SatNav and Broke the Screen  
  • I dropped my laptop and broke it
  • I got splashed with water all over, on my way to a shop
  • My Mobile Phone Packed in after the splash (sounds fuzzy and underwater after being soaked)
  • I fixed a PC for somebody and it broke within 1 hour
  • I had to visit a shop twice, because the software started misbehaving after I sold them some thermal paper, and guess who are they blaming for the malfunction.
  • A bastard customer who has not paid me for over 2 years, has won another court appeal. An appeal to appeal the appeal, against the other appeal, the one before the last appeal p he lost all other appeals, but hey....
  • I was just playing Red Alert 2 and even that crashed
  • Life is Shit.
I really hope that this spell of Bad Luck is temporary, and that "Cosmic Balance" is truly restored....

No comments:

Post a Comment