How to remove almost any VIRUS / MALWARE / HIJACKER for FREE...

I keep getting jobs, where I have to remove Viruses, Malware and Hijackers from other people PC's.. Sometimes I'm successful (over 90% of times), and sometimes I'm not, and that is when I delete all and start from scratch...




All those infections seem to have the same parasites behind them, and they work in exactly the same way.

To remove, carry out the following:
  1. Restart your PC / Laptop
  2. When the machine starts, press F8 function key and select start in "Safe Mode"
  3. When the machine starts,
  4. Use system restore to restore you machine to an earlier date (before the infection).
  5. Change Hosts file
  6. Stop everything from loading on boot
  7. Delete other infected files by hand
  8. Empty recycle bin
  9. Disable windows system restore 
  10. Reboot the PC in safe mode one more time
  11. Enable windows system restore
  12. Run a Good Antivirus (Security Essentials)
  13. Run a good anti Malware program (Malware Bytes)
  14. Run a good anti advertising program  (Search & Destroy)
Easy...

1 comment:

  1. This morning I got a UK cash type notification popping up on my screen - so easily and just through browsing the internet - I did not press anything to run or to download - And just as easily, I lost control of my machine - I just switched off the PC - rebooted in safe mode - restored my pc to an earlier time - a day before this attack - and rebooted...

    ReplyDelete