How old am I?

Or, how old do I feel. Even though this shell of a body disagrees, I still feel like an 18 year old, which is exactly the age I was, when I left Iraq back in 1981.  It's like I suddenly stopped growing, and the whole of my maturity and future development, was stuck (and indefinitely paused) at that moment in time.

I know that many things have happened to me since, I fell in love, practically everyday, I got married, I had kids, I had grand kids, I worked, I played, I laughed, I cried, I loved. I hated, I lost many dear people along the way, and gained some new family members, I gained weight and, gained weight and, gained weight, I had pets, I lost pets, I had cars, I lost cars, I watched TV, again and again and again, I did do lots of things, but deep down, I'm still an 18 year old kid that never had the chance to grow. A bit like Peter Pan...

but without the Fairies





or the 80's haircut & jumpsuit

No comments:

Post a Comment