More Snake Oil, Anyone - Or as they say in Business, Rapport Trusteer..

Today I decided to completely remove my complimentary copy of Rapport Trusteer. This decision was not taken lightly, but it had to be done for the following reasons:

[1] I hate any and all software that loads; behind my back, on Start-up (anything that has no useful purpose, like tool-bars, browser helpers, etc..) and especially  when they seem to do absolutely nothing. And Rapport Trusteer seems to be one of these programs, it just annoys me with a pop-up, usually after the event, that asks me what it should have done 20 or so minutes ago, when I visited a certain website. If it is really that good, it would not bang it's own drum so so much, and it would know what to do...

[2] I've read all the bumf about the software and why do I need, and I still don't understand what it really does, all I know that, both my Business and Personal internet accounts insist on, me, installing this..


Truthfully and after using the software for over a month, I really don't understand it or get the point. It reminds me of the 90's PC Memory Cleaner / Reclaimer Software, whereby it supposedly sits in the background cleaning and optimizing your RAM, when in reality, it was just sitting in the tray, using and abusing resources, but albeit,  with nice animations. And the only thing I regret is, why did I not think of that piece of software first, and who do you need to know, to sell it to all those gullible people and Banks..

I'm sure the people at Rapport Trusteer are laughing, all the way to the Bank, behind closed doors. The link above is some information regarding the software, and no, I do not bank with them..

1 comment:

  1. I just received an email from Trusteer, and apparently the software does do something, which I still don't know what, but if I would watch the slick presentation on the website, then It would all make some sense to me. Sadly, I watched the video, I read the details, and I'm still none the wiser... More fool me...

    PS. Glad to see those Bank millions going to a good home..

    ReplyDelete