My New, New, New Camera...

The other day, my daughter dropped the old digital camera, and the lens got stuck at an awkward angle (it does not go in or out, and all the photos are very blurred). Trying my best to fix the thing was futile (and the little fat fingers did not help), so I bit the bullet and decided to order a NEW Camera.

I decided to go for an expensive, QUALITY, model, instead of the usual cheap shit that I always bought (the quality of the shots is usually not very good on those cameras, they seem to take ages between snaps, and break after 5 minutes, and by the time I count the cost of the other 6 digital cameras that I had, it would have been a lot cheaper, and a lot more enjoyable, to have had a better camera in the first place).

I compared models, manufacturers, prices and outlets, and decided to buy my new, all singing, all dancing, camera from eBay.  

Now, here is the dilemma.Buy this from a UK seller or a Hong Kong one (where it's pretty much half the price of the UK based seller's).

After careful deliberation and taking into consideration the import duty, customs and excise hassle, possible postal delays, damage in transit, the possibility of a fake (counterfeit) camera being supplied, international warranty woes, etc., etc... I decided to go for the UK seller, and duly paid him using magic beans and my PayPal account.

Guess what, 2 weeks later, I did get the Camera. It came from China, I'm not sure whether it's the real deal or not, and there is no way to check. I had to pay the Import Duty. And all the things that I was afraid of and dreading, did happen. So the moral of the story is this, buy from a reputable dealer instead, it might cost you a little bit more, but at least, you won't get so very screwed....

No comments:

Post a Comment