Burn-a-Quran day on Sept 11 - لكم دينكم ولي ديني

 Defiant: Pastor Terry Jones vowed to continue his Burn-A-Quran Day even
(Probably, not sold many copies of his book)

All the idiots are out of the woodwork, some are threatening to kill, while others are threatening to burn.  What a way to go.
Me personally, I don't like killing people or burning books (it's so last Century, reminiscent of Nazism on both sides). I don't think it really matters what anybody thinks or does, as long as they don't harm others. And if the man wants to go and burn the Quran, well then, he can go and do it (لكم دينكم ولي ديني).  It would not achieve or change anything, and the world will keep on turning. If nobody cares, and just leave him to it, then the whole thing will just blow into obscurity. By calling for his death and whatever, you are giving this nobody, a global platform, a voice and a hell of a lot of free publicity.
The best thing about the whole affair is, both sides are supposedly peace loving, preaching and practicing. What a lot of baloney. I think I will just turn my other butt cheek now..

لكم دينكم ولي ديني
You have your religion and I have mine

3 comments:

  1. I was listening to radio 4, and somebody commented about the Koran Burning: "Hasn't he heard that we have other copies"... I just thought it was very apt and funny..

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the News today, apparently the Preacher who sparked an international crisis over plans to burn the Koran has been hit with a £100,000 bill to cover the cost of police security for the stunt.

    I hope he has enough funds (from the sale of his book)..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't happen to a nicer man...

    ReplyDelete