I hate my customers...

I finally managed to take the Famous PC to my customer, I set everything up (plug it together) and leave it at that. The rest is history, or at least this is what I thought.

The man installs his Pirated Copy of Adobe CS5, and checks the speed. He seemed happy with the performance (I can see it in his eyes), but at the same time, grumbling all the time about how his other computer is better and faster, and how his other monitor, is calibrated to perfection, and it is much better and badder, (even though I bought the man the best monitor money can buy, with a really good picture, if I say so myself). I'm used to customers saying these things, its a ploy to get some sort of discount, so I just ignore them and if they insist, I just take the machine and go (and add them to my ignore list, on the mobile phone), .

Two days later, all is well, so I presumed. The man rings me and tells me that his Windows 7 is not working, why, what has happened? Nothing, it's just not working... I said you can restore everything just by pressing the F11 key on reboot, the man said he is doing it but nothing is working... So a short trip to Rochdale and half an hour later, I get what the man means by not working. The computer was on, everything is working properly, apart from photo & image thumbnail previews - these have all been replaced with a Photoshop Icon PS instead, something to do with him installing the latter and selecting it as the default viewer. So I go to the Folder Options and change the settings from there.

I was really fuming. The Bastard had made me go all that way, to do something, which has nothing to do with me, something that we could have sorted over the telephone, within 2 minutes... Just imagine him ringing Microsoft or Compaq and telling that, and just see what happens... I tell him off and leave...

An hour later, the man rings me and tells me that his FTP is not working, WTF, I know what FTP is, but I really doubt whether the man knows what it means, and even if he does, what has this got to do with me. What a bastard, I told him to ring Compaq, because they supplied the PC and let them sort it out for him.. Shortly afterward I put his number in my ignore forever list...  Another satisfied customer...

6 comments:

  1. I really don't encourage or agree with Piracy, but it's not up to me to tell people right from wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The man phoned me today, he does not like Windows 7 and wants Windows XP instead. I really hate my customers. He also recommended a friend who wants to buy 3 new PC's for his, fledgeling, newspaper publishing business. Total Budget, £180.00 (£60.00 each)- Where do I get these tight bastards from...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since the original installation, I have been over to Rochdale, at least once a day, (today I've been 3 times and I did not finish until 3:45AM), trying to resolve minor bullshit - I really hate it all. It would also help if the man learns to speak and understand English, or how to use the PC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last night the man rings me to ask me how to copy a file.. This morning, he wants a Cracked copy of MS Office, sadly, I don't do Cracked Copies of anything.

    I even offered to pay the man his money back, if he stops and I will take the PC back..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to mention, I receive around 50 text messages a day from the man, all regrading some trivial bullshit or other stuff - I'm sure the man is on a Microsoft Hit-list, and now I know why nobody else wanted to sell him anything..

    ReplyDelete