How do they know...

Everyday I seem to get more and more Spoof Emails from every bank in the UK.... I don't usually bother about these, I just ignore all, but this time it's a little bit different. I just got a new email account with hotmail, and within 5 minutes, I started getting these spam and spoof emails, even before I had the chance to give that address to anybody else....

So, does that mean that hotmail are somehow selling these email lists to others. Because, come to think of it, how do they make any money, if not through something like that...


 

 Never been within a 5 miles radius of any of the above banks (apart from HSBC & Lloyds TSB)
Some attempts are obviously much better than others.... 

I can't even use my Face 2 Face, my Telephone, or my Internet Banking. Nor can I use my Credit Cards (with Lloyds TSB - they still need to see a proof of my ID), yet, somebody has managed to use my Unactivated Credit Card to buy some Books and Coffee, in Darkest Peru... And when I ring the bank to ask them how did that happen, they say its because I have not used the Credit Card, which makes it more susceptible to fraudulent use (I still don't get that one - but as they say in Bolton, there is Bullshit and there is Bullshit, and that was some Bullshit., ) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment