It does work.. 2 Into 1...

For around 2 weeks now, I've had both Sky and Virgin Media Broadband at my place, so to make things a bit more interesting, I decided to see if I can increase the speed of my Connection, by using both at the same time. My desktop already had a PCI network card installed, so I plugged in a USB Wireless Network Adaptor. I connected the first to the existing Virgin Media Network and the Second to the Sky Network.

I don't know, how, why, when or where, but my connection is now faster than ever. So the sum of these 2 is greater than their individual throughput. Result...

PROBLEMS: You might not get as good a reception, just change the channel on your router. And also, when I reinstalled Windows, it insisted that my network card was a Broadcom Dell one, and it would not detect anything, I un-installed it, and it still did not work. So I disabled it, un-installed it and removed all traces of that in the Windows Registry... Then I re-installed it using the manufacturers CD, this time it did work, but only after a few reboots.

1 comment:

  1. If you want to grow your familiarity only keep visiting this website
    and be updated with the latest news posted here.
    Feel free to visit my web site ; microsoft registry cleaner

    ReplyDelete