Some days it’s just not worth getting out of bed for… Part II

The thing is, I really do mind when they ring me outside these hours, I don't go to bed until 4:00am in the morning, and I wake up around 8:00am every day, usually very grumpy and tired because of lack of sleep, I don't really wake up properly until 10:00am.

So during that time, between 8:00am and 10:00am, I usually just type menus for customers, its a mundane task that does not require a great deal of concentration, mental abilities, or thinking,  I follow that by 12 hours, of what I can only describe as a "SLUGFEST"; of mental torment and torture, dealing with stupid customer requests, problems, traveling, sales, drumming up new business, demos, payment chasing, etc.. And most days, I stay out at least til 1:00am and 2:00am, doing just that (I even stayed out til 5:00am and 7:00am on few occasions), coming back home, smelling of Pizza and Kebab (I really hate that smell).

After that, between 10:00pm and 4:00am, usually and officially,  I use this time for Software development, testing and debugging, because this is the time when I'm most alert.during my working day.

You might wonder on how do I manage to cram so much TV into my working day, the answer is simple. I just leave the TV set on, 24/7, in the background, so if something important does happen, I just watch or listen..

Back to the story; I answer the phone; and promise to visit the Cafe later on that day, to sort out the printer - I thought, it does not really matter, because I can visit them on the way back from my original destination. The plan was still good and in motion...


The problem is this, if I wake up prematurely; I could never go back to sleep, and I'm even more grumpier that usual, and for the rest of my working day... So I decide to start the day earlier than anticipated; and good job I did; I hate typing menus at the best of times; but this menu is something really special. The shop has over 120 types of pizzas, over 90 different toppings; including Peaches; Strawberries and Cream and not forgetting Artichoke and Broccoli, you know; all the classics that nobody would ever order, know or care about; but sadly it still needs to be on the menu, just in case, God forbid, should some mentally disturbed customer decide to order one of these exotic delights..

So I sit typing; and typing, and typing, and hating every second of it, while waiting for the printer delivery. Menus usually take between 1-2 hours to complete, but not this one - Six hours later, I was still there. Finally; and around 1.00pm - I got the printers; at that time I was around 80% through the menu, so I decided enough was enough; and I just needed to get out and on with the plan; finishing the menu when I get to the shop, that way I can show the customer how to change prices and how to use the software. The plan was back in motion.

So I go to the Bank, try and get some money out. But the bank Teller could not and would not help, or let me withdraw anything from my account, (even though they know me by name, and I even deposited some money there a day earlier). Because the amount is higher than what the, hole in the wall, machine would give and my security question "the date of birth" is somewhat all screwed (look here, here and here)...  So I just had to stand in the bank like an idiot, arguing my case and generally making a seen, and what I really hate is this. If you try and be civilised and calm, you will not get anywhere. But if you act like a loud mouth "Jackass", they get the manager out and to avoid any further embarrassment; they succumb... So why not just listen; be reasonable, don't make me lose my temper and just give me a break.

All I will say on this occasion is this; my bank seems to be run by a bunch of bastards who do not believe I am who I say I am. They will take the money I deposit with no questions asked, but when it comes to withdrawals, all hell breaks loose. I hate it all; but I'm just too old, lazy and busy to change everything and move to pastures new.. So I just have to grin and bear it...

I take the money; drive to the computer shop. Sadly, the owner was on holiday for the week, and the person standing in, didn't even have a clue what their name was, never mind where the touchscreen monitors were? or how much?. what a bomber.. I thank them and walk back to the car. I parked this behind the Computer Shop, in an ally, because, as with all UK Towns and Cities, there aren't enough parking spaces near Town / City Centres.

And as per usual, I was greeted with the sight of a Yellow envelope, neatly placed under the windscreen wiper's blade. A Fine, for parking on a single Yellow line "Prescribed Non Parking Zone", for less than 3 minutes. This was for £35.00 (if paid within 14 days, otherwise £70.00). I go back home fuming and get a different, more expensive, monitor from my stock.

What really pissed me off is this, how can they be so fast, do they just lay in waiting, hide until somebody parks or, could the Council be using their CCTV cameras to redirect those Traffic Wardens, to any illegally parked vehicles, in order to Maximise Profit... I know there is no justification for parking illegally, however, It was a back street, it was empty, no traffic passes through it, I was parked wholly on the pavement, behind some scaffolding, so I was not obstructing any soul from going about their business. And finally, how come they are not so efficient when it comes to Fighting and Solving Crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment