Now, that's what I call fear...

It's 8:45PM, I've just visited the Petrol Station for some Fuel and some Air for the tyres. I fill up, and pay... One of my windows was smashed last week with a bottle of milk, by a drunken bastard, so I have a black bin liner for a window.

As soon I got in the car, a man opens the passenger side door (he was in his mid to late twenties, wearing black tracksuit bottoms, a black hooded top and a pair of white trainers. He had two missing front teeth, remnants of a cut across his lip and right cheek (looks like a, healed, knife slash) , looked and sounded a bit doped up but very fidgety and somewhat nervous), well I think he was high on life or something else. He asked me if I was interested in a replacement window, very cheap.. I declined, because I've already had bought a replacement from the scrap yard, but I just didn't have the time to fit it (too busy blogging)..  The man was very persistent, he said, you can have anything you need. His car was only 6 years old  and it was written off in a crash, around 3 years ago, you can have the engine, wheels, rims, doors, brakes, clutch, whatever.

To be honest with you, my car is a 10 year old bag of shit. It sounds and drives like an old lawnmower, and because of the amount of driving I do and mileage, tyres seem to deflate prematurely and they need inflating once every day, even after replacing these with new tyres. According to the garage, its not their fault, its the rims, that need replacing,  so the magic word was wheels and rims.

We haggled and agreed a price for a couple of wheels and rims.. He asked me to park by the side of the road, while he contacts his father "DOWN AT THE FARM". So I did.

I waited for 5 Minutes, while the man disappeared somewhere, probably to fetch his Stanly Knife. Suddenly, he opens the back passenger door and jumps in with a lit cigarette. I did not see him approaching the vehicle because I had black bin liners for windows.  He said, can we drive this way, Turn left, then right, so I followed the instructions to the letter, around a mile down the road, he asked me to turn left, down a very inconspicuous road (I've been living round that area for over 20 years, I drive on that main road at lease 4 times daily, and I've never noticed this road or turning before, Its as if it just appeared out of nowhere. So I turned left, followed by right, followed by a sharp left, then we ended on in the middle of nowhere dirt road. (I lived to tell the tale - to be continued)...

No comments:

Post a Comment