The Bank Of Horrors.. Part III

Finally, and after lots of hassle, I received my new shiny Credit Card, details of the story so far here and here.

As usual, they had a sticker on the Card asking to ring them and activate the card, so I did.

Robo Machine- Thank you for ringing Lloyds TSB, please key in or say your credit card number, now..

I knew that voice recognition is not all that its cracked to be, so I entered the number on the keypad - all went well there...

Robo Machine- Please key in or say your date of birth as a 6 digit number, for example... blah, blah, blah..

I entered the number, the machine did not accept it and asked to do it again, I did, the machine did not accept it again, this time it asked me to wait for a Customer Advisor (sounds very familiar) - so I wait, and wait and wait, listening to Green Bloody Sleeves...

Hello Mr. H... I will need to confirm a few security details with you...

Me thinking, here we go again... And we did.  After 15 minutes of idle chat, I managed to get to exactly where I was before,  I was unable to use the Credit Card again without my Photo ID, and the man had the cheeks to bloody try and sell me 4 different types of insurance.. Sentinel Card Protection Service, the New Bullshit ID Theft Insurance, the Third Party, Fire and Theft insurance and the Redundancy, Accident, whatever insurance, the Check Your Credit Report Insurance...  I look at it this way, If I can't use the Credit Card myself, what chance has anybody else got..

No comments:

Post a Comment