In The Hammer We Trust - Part I

For the past 5 or so years, the Gods of DIY have not been very kind to me, everything I touched or tried to repair turned into Shit (or a Disaster) - I wish one of these TV makeover shows would come and miraculously fix my house in 60 minutes or so, but sadly, no such luck.

Part of my comprehensive repair program was to replace the door handles, how hard could it be?.. Very bloody hard, [A}Because I'm useless,  [B] I haven't a Clue and [C] I use substandard Pound Shop (99 Cent Store) Tools that are made of Plasticine and Nougat.


I know that a bad worker always blames the tools, but believe me when I say, the problem is that I know I am bad, but the tools are just as bad. To cut a long story short, the door hasn't closed for 5 years solid.

Around 6 Months ago I managed to get the door to shut, by changing the lock mechanism with a spring loaded one, and through brute force and a lot of pushing, shoving, swearing and ingenuity (I couldn't believe it myself), I managed to do it. The handle was useless by the time I finished, you could turn that 360 degrees in either direction and you have to really push or pull the door forcefully in order to open or close it...

No comments:

Post a Comment